Case 1: A better diet. Half portions. Not eating before 9pm. Avoiding sweets.
Case 2: Saving money. Not going spend-crazy
Case 3: Sleeping at reasonable hours
Yet, despite the inevitable 5 pound+ weight gain I'm going to see next week, it's been a great week. Not epic, not understated, awesome. On Monday, me and James played Star Wars: the Force Unleashed all day AND beat it! Tuesday, we went to Berkeley and mainly stayed in the SLC, working on our worksop until the meeting. Wednesday, we worked in the apartment in the morning, and then attempted to beat Super Smash Bros: Brawl (but we only got to 18%). Sam came over too but there was a silly Windows7 debacle so it was game night! Thursday, Agustin, Amy, James, and I watched Wicked! and today, it's a Berkeley rainy day with a Murder Mystery at night.
I miss being up here. SF and Berkeley are always going to be places I want to live, with its chilly sometimes, sunny others, rain in the next second weather. The people up here, even if you only talk to them for 5 minutes, makes you leave feeling like you really matter, that they miss you, and that you left at least some sort of imprint on their lives. The food, so amazing even in the small hidden shops you have to yelp to look for, the freedom to go somewhere by yourself and not worry about driving, is so empowering. This week really reminded me that I could see myself living up here, permanently.
The week I went to Tapioca Express everyday. Redbean Icy!
The week me and James found out Force Lightning and Detonate are l33t.
The week Max's tire change took 3.5 hours at Costco so we walked back home.
The week I bought Agustin's taco truck tacos.
The week I found 10+ Bloopers in Josh's agenda and got the pleasure of sitting next to Tiffany in butt comfy seats.
The week Happy Meals were acceptable because of Star Wars toys!
The week Max came home and found me and James in the exact same positions. Twice.
The week Iris angry announced after we had a SHEEM (scheme) exchange.
The week Teamwork and Leadership had to be done... but we didn't want to do it.
The week Japantown became my second home and I consumed many many Mochi, Anpan, crepes, and Coffee Crunch Cake/Guava Cake at Sweet Shop.
The week Agustin met his match with X2 Spicy Curry at On the Bridge.
The week Me, Amy, Agustin, James saw Wicked at the Orpheum and the book finally made sense to me
The week James switched from Chauffeur to rich Golfer caddy.
The week Sam downloaded the Windows 7 downloader applet...but not Windows 7 itself.
The week we had Ike's Big Meat sandwiches. Next time, Menage a Trois
The week we played Bang! a lot (and Amy is too good and knows to kill me off first!)
The week we had second string Coriya in SF with flavorless meat.
The week of Scrabble "vaulters", triple word score!
The week of the incredibly hot and sunny drive home.
I guess it helps that I still have really good friends here. Amy, even with her daily reminder that I suck at life when it comes to returning phone cals and texts, even though she's so tired from working a 6am-7pm lifestyle, just makes me happy. I only get to see her an hour a day and sometimes I'm too scared I'm annoying her when she's so tired, but I still bask in the good feeling when I'm simply in the same room as her. She's not second string, even if I haven't been good at showing it to her.
James, I don't really have much to say. Even if we don't talk much when we're not together, I don't feel any barriers when I am with him. It's not awkward, feels real, which wasn't the feeling when I was with of my old guy friends. A good solid guy bond.
The week I went to Tapioca Express everyday. Redbean Icy!
The week me and James found out Force Lightning and Detonate are l33t.
The week Max's tire change took 3.5 hours at Costco so we walked back home.
The week I bought Agustin's taco truck tacos.
The week I found 10+ Bloopers in Josh's agenda and got the pleasure of sitting next to Tiffany in butt comfy seats.
The week Happy Meals were acceptable because of Star Wars toys!
The week Max came home and found me and James in the exact same positions. Twice.
The week Iris angry announced after we had a SHEEM (scheme) exchange.
The week Teamwork and Leadership had to be done... but we didn't want to do it.
The week Japantown became my second home and I consumed many many Mochi, Anpan, crepes, and Coffee Crunch Cake/Guava Cake at Sweet Shop.
The week Agustin met his match with X2 Spicy Curry at On the Bridge.
The week Me, Amy, Agustin, James saw Wicked at the Orpheum and the book finally made sense to me
The week James switched from Chauffeur to rich Golfer caddy.
The week Sam downloaded the Windows 7 downloader applet...but not Windows 7 itself.
The week we had Ike's Big Meat sandwiches. Next time, Menage a Trois
The week we played Bang! a lot (and Amy is too good and knows to kill me off first!)
The week we had second string Coriya in SF with flavorless meat.
The week of Scrabble "vaulters", triple word score!
The week of the incredibly hot and sunny drive home.
No comments:
Post a Comment