1. Complete p90x within the year, including dietary restrictions.
2. Get the tattoo.
3. Get back to my college freshman year weight. 175. and maintain it.
4. Talk to my friends at least once a week, even if it's text, email, or phone call. (CHECK!)
1+3. I remember at the beginning of the year, Thuyet totally got me into P90X. I got all the videos, watched them on the treadmill, and was so pumped(!) to get started. Too bad I could only get myself to work out at the gym... and I was too insecure to hit the weights or do the P90X mat workouts in public. But on the bright side, I eventually did start to use the weights, run the treadmill, and still go to Yoga. I haven't hit 175... but I got close! And then I got further... But that'll all change since I got all the good habits down. Yuuuppp
2. The tattoo... not so much. Even though I've been thinking about getting a tattoo now for a couple years, I still haven't hit the resolve to commit. It's not so much of a big deal to me anymore but I still think I want one, I just don't know what I want.
This year, besides the usual "Be a better person than you have been" "Live life as a perpetual learner, trying to see things from a fresh perspective ""Just breathe. Just smile." (Mottos to live by) I have some new resolutions to hopefully enrich myself.
1. Get into Hockey. Find a favorite team, follow up on the news. I feel like every guy needs to have a sport to obsess about. Mine is definitely hockey (because women's volleyball is just too pervy)
2. Learn the Clarinet. I bought a used clarinet from a garage sale and spent a couple hours trying it out today. And by trying out, I mean playing three notes with all the wrong fingerings and trying to figure out what the heck I'm transposing. Let's learn a wind instrument Alex and be a well rounded musician!
3. P90X. Come on Alex, get over your insecurities and remember that progress is meant to be most clearly seen through a span of several months, not weeks.
4. Read a classic novel every month, even if it is in Old English (the bane of my existence). Enrich the mind, enrich the person?
And as always, be a good son, friend, and (hopefully) boyfriend (hopefully).
I think it's totally doable, right Alex? Right Lenny?
Currently reading: The Seven Songs of Merlin by T.A. Barron
Currently watching: The Vampire Diaries
4. Talk to my friends at least once a week, even if it's text, email, or phone call. (CHECK!)
1+3. I remember at the beginning of the year, Thuyet totally got me into P90X. I got all the videos, watched them on the treadmill, and was so pumped(!) to get started. Too bad I could only get myself to work out at the gym... and I was too insecure to hit the weights or do the P90X mat workouts in public. But on the bright side, I eventually did start to use the weights, run the treadmill, and still go to Yoga. I haven't hit 175... but I got close! And then I got further... But that'll all change since I got all the good habits down. Yuuuppp
2. The tattoo... not so much. Even though I've been thinking about getting a tattoo now for a couple years, I still haven't hit the resolve to commit. It's not so much of a big deal to me anymore but I still think I want one, I just don't know what I want.
This year, besides the usual "Be a better person than you have been" "Live life as a perpetual learner, trying to see things from a fresh perspective ""Just breathe. Just smile." (Mottos to live by) I have some new resolutions to hopefully enrich myself.
1. Get into Hockey. Find a favorite team, follow up on the news. I feel like every guy needs to have a sport to obsess about. Mine is definitely hockey (because women's volleyball is just too pervy)
2. Learn the Clarinet. I bought a used clarinet from a garage sale and spent a couple hours trying it out today. And by trying out, I mean playing three notes with all the wrong fingerings and trying to figure out what the heck I'm transposing. Let's learn a wind instrument Alex and be a well rounded musician!
3. P90X. Come on Alex, get over your insecurities and remember that progress is meant to be most clearly seen through a span of several months, not weeks.
4. Read a classic novel every month, even if it is in Old English (the bane of my existence). Enrich the mind, enrich the person?
And as always, be a good son, friend, and (hopefully) boyfriend (hopefully).
I think it's totally doable, right Alex? Right Lenny?
Currently reading: The Seven Songs of Merlin by T.A. Barron
Currently watching: The Vampire Diaries
No comments:
Post a Comment