achu

Monday, July 25, 2011

Working on my fitness

I get sick of myself a lot, especially if I'm stuck in a room working or studying non-stop. I need a lot of variety so I always end up moving rooms or changing tables or... rearranging my desk so it views a different part of my room. 

Back in Berkeley, I'd probably rearrange my room every month, moving my bed, desk, futon, etc to whatever I'm in the mood for. (But for some reason, I wouldn't even try to clean my closet because it was hot mess of piles of clothes I threw because I didn't feel like wearing them)
For people who know me, I don't think they'd be TOO surprised. I'm a person who loves trying new things. Restaurants, foods, places, books, outings. I'd rather take a chance and try something new than stick to something I know I'd like. Why? I'd like to think it's a deep rooted commitment issue, but honestly, I just like trying something new, even if I know I might be unsatisfied in the end, or at worse, grossed out. 

I think I'm so flighty about food choices because I don't really have favorites. Whenever someone asks me what my favorite food is, I say Hawaiian or Chinese or Indian. But if you asked me my favorite place, I coudn't really give you an answer. Everything sort of tastes the same to me, unless it's really that bad. That's why you should never trust me for my opinion or reviews of places- I pretty much veer toward the middle when I judge food. Nothing is like "Oh wow, I love it, it's my favorite" but nothing is so bad that I wouldn't give it another try. It's food and as long as it's a) cheap b) filling and hits the spot or c) doesn't get me bloated, I have no preference where. 

So going back to being sick of myself today. Yesterday, I basically spent the whole day working on my computer in my room. Today was dangerously close to being a rerun and I think I would have gone bonkers. 

I woke up in the morning and spent some time checking my usual websites- gmail, kpop news, ohnotheydidnt, tumblr, and latimes. Then I got ready to go to the gym. On Mondays, I usually only go Monday nights to Walnut for the yoga class and some cardio. But for some reason, I'm getting uncomfortably sweaty every time I go to the gym. Within five minutes, I'm drenched and my shirt is hanging off me like I just jumped into the swimming pool. 

So today, I decided that I'll just go to yoga at night and I'll go do my usual gym cardio and stuff noontime. (I know, outrageous! the gym twice in a day? Alex, you have too much time on your hands and you won't even get buff so why?). But regardless, I went to the gym and spent about an hour and a half there. (PS I've been using the Stairmaster for about a month now and didn't even know what it worked out) 

Then I got home and made a bunch of Ed190 calls and started settling down to work. Reading and reading and more reading of articles on my laptop. I should have printed all of it out because I hate extensive reading on my laptop but the eco me wanted to conserve paper.

After my mom came home from work and we had dinner, I went back to it until it was time for yoga.

YOGA. Why so intense tonight?! I swear Yu, the instructor, was channeling her inner Insanity workout because she just went right into it with the hard stuff. The new people in the class must have thought she was crazy and one girl even asked her "Can we turn on the air? It's so hot in here" and she just said "The hotter it is the better for your flexibility! There's so much energy in the room tonight, you all are working so hard and I love seeing the sweat roll down your arms!" 

For the record, I was once again a hot mess. I never felt stronger and could do all the hard poses... but I don't think I've ever felt so gross in my gym experience. It was a completely packed yoga room too so I was pretty close to my neighbors and I hoped to dear god that they weren't grossed out by the amount of sweat that was pooling out. (Next week, note to self: wear a wifebeater and bring a towel)

But... I feel great now. Relaxed and comfortable at home. What a day

No comments:

Post a Comment