achu

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Random thought of the night

I'm the type of person who tells their friends everything without a filter. If I have something I'm proud about, to brag about, an accomplishment or something good happening in my life, I'll tell them. Likewise, if I have a problem, a shortcoming, or something that I know I'm particularly bad at, I'll tell them too. I'll freely admit it when someone tells me I have a flaw, just like I'll humbly (even if it doesn't always come out that way) admit it if I have a strength. I'm the same way if people ask me my opinion of them, because I believe sensitive honesty will avoid the most drama . Therein lies why I can be so awkward around people who don't know me that well. 

But sometimes I wonder if it would be better to be the opposite. The person who is shy about their strengths and humbly tiptoes around it if someone mentions it, but is also fiercely protective (denial) of their flaws. 

Is there really a middle ground? 

No comments:

Post a Comment