achu

Monday, July 25, 2011

The longest day ever

Today was a day where I kept thinking "I wish I was back in Berkeley and could just walk 5 minutes to someone's house whenever I felt like it." 

Even though I ended up doing a lot of work and being "productive," I was extremely bored. Bored enough to want to take a nap to make the day end faster (that my friends, is called being pathetic). 

I don't know what it is- perhaps it's the combination of 1) all my friends are basically 40 minutes away (without traffic) 2) even though we say we're spontaneous, we aren't spontaneous to call and say, "Hey, I'm coming over to hang out. Be there in 5 minutes (since we're an hour away)" but it's definitely not like it was in college or high school.

I think it's starting to sink in how different things are going to be from now on (and I don't adjust well to sudden changes). I need some in person friend therapy. 



It's definitely not easy breezy to arrange random hangouts since we are not that close distance wise, but we do it every weekend and I guess that speaks to work we put into the friendships we built. That's to end on a happy thought :)

No comments:

Post a Comment