achu

Monday, June 20, 2011

Sunday Night Fun

So, if you have been keeping up with my crazy weekend (through my nonexistent blog entries), you might have seen a shocking trend of late night outings. For the past week, I can't think of any nights where I haven't been home before 9PM. (My mom sure has been keeping track; she thinks I am a hooligan) 

I meant to tone it down a little before my parents would think I was a bum. 

Well... Sunday was no different! Sorry parents! 

I spent my whole Sunday post-Father's Day/ Grandma's Day lunch at my grandma's playing mah jong with my two aunts and cousin. But during that time, Amy, James, Thuyet, Agustin, and I randomly planned a hang out through text. 

By dinner time, I was in Irvine with my homies enjoying our California Fish Grill (aka my favorite place to eat with Amy, without James. If James is there, it is only one of my favorite places, not my favorite). Afterwards, we went back to Amy's for some super fun board game night.

There, we all struggled through the super nerdy Puerto Rico. They got it for me on my 22nd birthday and we all remember having lots of fun playing it. We also forgot how much fun we didn't have learning how to play it (and were quickly reminded as the game got started). You don't feel old until you realize you've forgotten how to do something that you used to do all the time. Me, James, Amy, and Agustin used to play Puerto Rico a lot and were pretty savvy with strategies and what-not. But last night, we barely remembered how to set up the board. 

After we gave up on Puerto Rico (it turns out that 23 year olds on a Sunday night aren't excited to learn how to play a complicated nerdy game, even if it's highly reviewed), we all learned how to play Balderdash, a game James has been hiding from us (because he is a diabolical game strategist), which turned out to be so much easier.  It's a game with random trivia where everyone writes down what they think a word means or acronym, or finish a random law (In Kansas, it is illegal for dogs to...) and everyone chooses what they think it actually is from the group's answers (mixed among them is the real answer). 

When it was time to go home (9:30PM, of course, we aren't hooligans), we just said our byes and talk to you later's and head out. 

I think that's what I enjoy most about my close-knit circle of friends. We can do anything. We can do nothing. We can hang out all day. Or just a few hours. 

But, we always have a good time. 

Who you are with is definitely more important than what you are doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment