Last night, me, Lusha, Thuyet, and Julie watched Bridesmaids.
1) I don't understand why I've watched so many movies this month. Is May just when all sorts of good movies come out? Every weekend so far I've seen a movie- Thor, Pirates, Bridesmaids. Next weekend it's going to be Kung Fu Panda 2 and after that X-men First Class and then Harry Potter? Either these movies have done a good job convincing me to spend my money, or my friends need to find other stuff to do.
2) I actually liked the movie and I'm not shamed by manliness to admit it. I know I laughed during it and I know for sure that I was squeamish during the "is this really happening?" parts. Seriously women who try to prove they can be funny by talking about penses to counter guys always making jokes about boobs, can we just NOT talk about penses?
Bridesmaids was really entertaining and had nice chick flick moments of "awww." It also had a lot of "is this bitch crazy?! What the heck maidofhonorzilla?" as well as "seriously, is this really happening? Did I just see gratuitous amounts of poo and throw up?"
But as I walked out of the theater, I already forgot most of the movie besides the super hilarious scenes that stuck to me. Even as I write this entry, the day after I watched it, not even 24 hours, I'm finding it hard to... remember the movie. Besides that Kristen Wiig is a hilariously crazy bitch (who reminds me of Christina Applegate with the same hair). Oh! And Melissa McCarthy (of Gilmore Girls, Samantha Who, and now Mike and Molly fame) totally stole the show for me. I love her, even if she got super butched up for this movie :)
Well, at least I know I laughed a lot. And had a good night. 8 bucks (Thanks Costco) well spent !

No comments:
Post a Comment