achu

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Resolutions

For some reason, I'm having a real hard time committing to committing (story of my life)  to resolutions for this new year. 

I thought I'd get some inspiration by reflecting on my resolutions from last year so I looked at my blog.. and behold:  

1. Lose some poundage
By going to the gym everyday (half failed) , eating smaller portions (umm sometimes?), drinking water instead of juice (win!), avoiding chocolate and baked goods (complete and utter fail)

OH WAIT! I have another one.

2. Crazy girls are not allowed. (definite fail)

I'm pretty sure I failed on both counts. And I'm pretty sure I had more than those two but maybe it was all built up in my head (story of my life) 

This year, I want to have more concrete resolutions- goals that can be realistically attained whose progress can be monitored throughout the year. * Side-note: is "whose" the correct modifier for an inanimate noun?* Maybe that's why I'm so hesitant to even try thinking about what sort of resolutions I want to be held accountable to, especially since I watched something today that said most resolutions fail by February. 

I guess the best resolutions I can make are straight from my bucketlist

1. Complete p90x within the year, including dietary restrictions. 

After getting p90x from Thuyet and then spending hours watching some of the videos (and feeling tired already, what is with super buff old people with cheesy smiles?!), I'm inspired to go for it. I think the biggest obstacle is honestly the diet, since 1) it's very comprehensive and strict, 2) I don't quite understand  the portions/schedule yet. 

2. Get the tattoo.

I've talked and talked about. It was even an informal resolution last year that I honestly thought I would have written down. But each time, I chickened out. I didn't know what I wanted, or where, or from who. But I spent a long time thinking about it the other day and came up with things that I wouldn't mind being etched onto me for eternity. At the moment, at least for the past few days (we shall see how consistent I am), I like the design that's the header of this blog. Ohmmmm


3. Get back to my college freshman year weight. 175. and maintain it. 


While guys age, they always seem to reminisce about their college weight. So mind as well get a head start and try to get back to it while it is possible. I always tell myself that I shouldn't try to lose so and so amount of weight but it's a good concrete measurable goal. 


4. Talk to my friends at least once a week, even if it's text, email, or phone call.


Sometimes weeks pass... all too soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment