achu

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Let's go exploring!

  "Let's go exploring" is one of my favorite Calvin and Hobbes moments (I use the word moments because its sheer awesomeness cannot be solely contained in the time frame of a single comic strip). It's the very last one that Bill Watterson did before he retired Calvin and Hobbes in 1995 and from the instant I read it when I was a kid, I knew it was special.
  Let's go exploring!
  My blog has been one of my proudest accomplishments from 2009. Sure, I didn't update much towards the end and I don't think anyone really read it, but it was something I've always wanted to do and keep with, just to do. It lets me stay me. I can vent, talk about my day to an imaginary viewer so I can sort through it myself. It captures who I was at that moment- feelings, uncertainty, hope when I wrote it, knowing I can look back years from now and see what a fool I was.
  But, I had to take it down and make it private because I made some mistakes, mistakes and old habits I thought I had under control. And since I don't know why Blogger doesn't let you private things or hide entries and what not, I decided to start fresh.
  So let's go exploring! New beginnings, new blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment